UVRF - Lebanon Crew - Spring 2020
Register HERE for this program
Head Coach: Carin Reynolds
Coaches: Chuck Nagle, Laura Gillespie, Ian Girdwood, Emily Boyce, Jack Kornfeld
Note: This program is open to 8th-12th graders from Lebanon High School and Lebanon Middle School as well as to students from Hartford, Mascoma, Plainfield, KUA, Claremont, Woodstock, Thetford Academy and Sharon Academy. Homeschoolers welcome!
Duration: TUESDAY (not Monday!), March 17, 2020 - Friday, May 29, 2020
NO PRACTICE April Break - (April 13 - April 17).
Optional Pre-Season Erg workouts: For experienced and new rowers as well as those who want to check it out before committing - Monday, March 2 - Friday, March 13, 2020 - Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Seminary Hill School, 20 Seminary Hill - West Lebanon.
NOTE: Rowers must provide their own transportation to practices and to races - carpooling is highly encouraged and usually available.
- Drop-in Info Sessions - Wednesday, March 4 & Friday, March 6 - Stop by anytime between 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Seminary Hill School, West Lebanon during the pre-season practices. Come meet coaches, team captains and team mates, ask questions, pick up information, see (and try) our rowing ergs.
- Mandatory Parent-Athlete Information Meeting - MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2020 - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. following erg practice at the Seminary Hill School, West Lebanon. In-depth information about the program, ask questions, meet the coaches, rowers and other parents and learn about UVRF Lebanon crew.
Week 1 (TUESDAY, March 16 - Friday March 20)
Practice will be Tues.-Thurs. from 5 - 7 p.m.; Friday 4-6 p.m. at the Dartmouth College Alumni Gym (we will be using the rowing tanks in the basement of the gym - enter through the main entrance off of East Wheelock Street). Dress in shorts and tee shirt with athletic shoes. FIRST WEEK OF PRACTICE - if you're not sure if you want to commit or not, come give it a try for FREE - no commitment!
Weeks 2 and 3:
Location will vary between Seminary Hill School in West Lebanon and/or Dartmouth Alumni Gym (tanks). We are shooting for the M-Th 5:30 - 7:15 p.m. and Friday 4 - 6 p.m. time slots, but there may be some variability depending on facility availability. We will go on the water as soon as the ice is out, the dock is in and the conditions are safe.
Week 4 - end of season:
Once we are on the water, practices are at the Kendal Riverfront Park Rowing Dock (parking available at the site) located at 84 Lyme Road (Route 10), 2 miles north of Hanover. Mondays - Thursdays 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m./Fridays 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (No practice during the week of April break - 4/13 to 4/17).
- Saturday, April 25 at the Dublin School v. Dublin, Great Bay (yes, we know this is LHS Prom)
- Sunday, May 3 - at HOME - UVRF-Lebanon Crew Invitational v. Souhegan, Hollis-Brookline and Great Bay
- Saturday, May 9 - at Berwick v. Berwick Academy
- Sunday, May 17 - at HOME - Granite State Fours Championship Regatta (Brewster Academy, Central Crew, The Derryfield School, Dublin Academy, Manchester Rowing Alliance, Souhegan Crew Club, Hollis-Brookline Crew Club)
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) - at HOME - Sweeps & Sculls v. Hollis-Brookline and Manchester Rowing & Inaugural Granite State Junior Sculling Championship!
Cost: $350 (includes racing shirt, race entry fees, facilities fees, etc.) No charge for those participating as coxswains. Generous Financial Aid!!!! (including installment payment option and partial or full scholarship) is available from the UVRF-Jasmine Rogers Scholarship Fund. Contact Head Coach Carin Reynolds (email@example.com) in confidence for details.
- Swim Test/Safety Video: All rowers who have not taken the swim test will be taking one during a regularly scheduled practice. All rowers must watch the U.S. Rowing Safety Video which will be shown during a practice before we go on the water.
- Attendance at ALL practices and races is expected; but some accomodations can be made.
- Participation in team fundraising events, most importantly fundraising for the Friends of UVRF-Lebanon Crew Prouty Team (Note that The Prouty this year is Saturday, July 11, 2020 -- attendance at the actual event is voluntary.)
Questions? Contact Carin Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-276-9250.
Register HERE for this program