REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
UVRF Spring Junior Racing Program 2022
Head Coach: Carin Reynolds
Coaches: Chuck Nagle, Ian Girdwood, Laura Gillespie, Addie Brendel
This program is open to 8th-12th graders from Lebanon High School and Lebanon Middle School as well as to students from Hartford, Mascoma, Plainfield, KUA, Claremont, Woodstock, Thetford Academy and Sharon Academy. Homeschoolers welcome! (Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate 8th graders from Hanover, Lyme or Norwich.) No experience necessary or expected!
We are planning for a return to our “normal” spring training and racing schedule, including hosting the Granite State 4+s Championship, but as always, we need to remain flexible to respond to current COVID 19 conditions.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE (or volunteer where there is contact with rowers), you must be “Up to date” per CDC Guidelines with all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
Want to learn more?
Drop-in Q&A/Info Session - Friday, March 4, 2022 during one of our optional pre-season erg practices at 75 Bank St., Lebanon, NH from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Geared more toward new rowers and parents. Come with your questions and curiosity!
Mandatory Parent-Athlete Meeting - Wednesday, MARCH 16, 2022 - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. In-depth information about the program, ask questions, meet the coaches and captains and learn about UVRF Lebanon crew. This is the first official day of the season and we will have practice from 5 - 6 p.m. followed by the Parent-Athlete Meeting - all at 75 Bank Street, Lebanon, NH in the gym of the former Lebanon Junior High School. MASKS ARE MANDATORY FOR THE MEETING.
Optional Pre-Season Erg & Body Strength workouts: For experienced and new rowers as well as those who just want to check it out before committing:
Two weeks: Tuesday, March 1 - Monday, March 14, 2022
Time: TUESDAY March 1, 4:30 - 6:30pm (move in day, plus practice); W&F March 2, 4 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm; M/W/F March 7, 9, 11 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm, and Monday, March 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Location: 75 Bank St., Lebanon, NH (gym of former junior high school)
Regular Season Starts Wednesday, March 16 and ends Friday, June 3.
There will be no practice during April break (Saturday April 9 - Sunday April 17)
NOTE: Please note that because this is not a school program. Participants will need to arrange their own transportation to practices and races.
Pre-On The Water Practice (Wednesday, March 16 to approximately Friday April 8) - Ergs, Core, Strength @ 75 Bank Street.
Practice will be daily, Monday-Friday from 5:15 - 6:45 p.m. at 75 Bank Street.
FIRST WEEK OF PRACTICE - if you're not sure if you want to commit or not, come give it a try for FREE - no commitment!
On the Water Practice (Starting Monday, April 18 or whenever the site is open and the river is safe for rowing)
Once we are on the water, practices are at Kendal Riverfront Park in Hanover (parking available at the site) located at 84 Lyme Road (Route 10), 2 miles north of Hanover green. Mondays - Thursdays 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m./Fridays 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 23, 2022 - at Dublin School
Sunday, May 1, 2022 –at Derryfield School v. Derryfield & Cambridge Rindge & Latin
Sunday, May 8, 2022 – HOME v. Hollis-Brookline & Souhegan
Saturday, May 14, 2022 – at Amoskeag v. Amoskeag Youth Rowing & Great Bay Rowing
Sunday, May 22, 2022 – HOME GRANITE STATE 4+ CHAMPIONSHIP (home) (Hollis-Brookline, Dublin School, The Derryfield School, Brewster Academy, Souhegan, Amoskeag Youth Rowing)
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND – NO RACING
Saturday, June 4, 2022 – UVRF Club Regatta - juniors vs. adults followed by mixed boat racing
Cost: $350 plus $25 UVRF Spring Junior membership OR $50 UVRF annual junior membership (which covers spring, summer and fall). Generous Financial Aid!!!! (including installment payment option and partial or full scholarship) is available from the UVRF-Jasmine Rogers Scholarship Fund. Contact Head Coach Carin Reynolds (email@example.com) in confidence for details.
- IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE (or volunteer where there is contact with rowers), you must be “Up to date” per CDC Guidelines with all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Swim Test/Safety Video: All rowers who have not taken the swim test will be taking one during a regularly scheduled practice. The swim test consists of 10 minutes of treading water followed by swimming two lengths of the pool (any stroke, any speed), treading water and putting on a life jacket that has been thrown to you, then getting out of the pool with the life jacket on.
- All rowers must watch the U.S. Rowing Safety Video which will be shown during a practice before we go on the water.
- All rowers are required to do the US Rowing SafeSport training. Details to follow.
- Attendance at ALL practices and races is expected; but some accomodations can be made.
- Participation in team fundraising events, most importantly fundraising for the Friends of UVRF-Lebanon CReW Prouty Team (Note that The Prouty this year is scheduled to be held on July 9, 2022 -- attendance at the actual event is voluntary, but we will organize a team row for the event if it is held.)
Parent volunteers! We need you and we love you! In addition to helping with parking, safety and food at regattas, we need “launch parents” (no experience necessary!) at daily practices. There's a t-shirt in it for you, and profuse thanks from the coaches and kids! Interested? Email
Please note that to protect our rowers and to comply with USRowing requirements, volunteers with regular contact with minors (launch parents) are required to take SafeSport training. USRowing will have a $0 membership for volunteers in 2022 so they can access the required SafeSport training for free.
Questions? Contact Carin Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-276-9250.